Having thick, voluminous hair is a dream for all! Not only are countless hairstyles possible when you have bountiful hair to work with, but a full head of luscious hair is a sure-shot confidence booster!
As nature would have it, not everyone is blessed with the perfect hair. Some have thin hair, and others have it short. But thanks to brilliant innovations, achieving your hair goals is possible with alternatives such as clip in hair extensions. To put a nice twist on your natural hair, clip-in hair extensions can take you from boring to beautiful in just minutes.
Some people think of clip-in hair extensions as quick, temporary fixes best suited for specific events, but nothing could be further from the truth. Though often used for their convenience and flexibility in organising various styles, there are some common mistakes you should be aware of before wearing pieces like clip in hair extensions so you can maneuver around them and have a pleasant experience.
What NOT to do when using clip in hair extensions
- Not following the manufacturer’s instructions carefully
Clip-in hair extensions should always be cautiously treated, as they can easily snap if not handled with care. Always read the instructions before use and follow them to the letter.
- Not taking good care of your clip-in hair extensions
Hair extensions should always be kept clean and free from any debris or oils that could damage them. Cleaning them with a mild shampoo and conditioner will help keep them looking new for longer.
- Not using a hair extension remover properly
If you decide to remove your hair extensions, use a hair extension remover first to avoid damaging your hair follicles. There are various removers on the market, so find one designed explicitly for clip-in hair extensions.
- Not following a hairstyle that is compatible with clip-in hair extensions
While hair extensions can be used with almost any style, some hairstyles will cause them to fall out more easily or look messy than others. You should always check with your stylist before wearing extensions to ensure they are a good fit for your particular style.
Give those Clip-in Hair Extensions some TLC
As convenient and effortless as it is to use and style clip-in hair extensions, if not cared for correctly, they can easily damage your hair and cause split ends. Follow these tips to keep your hair extensions looking their best:
- Always use a good-quality hair extension tool. Cheap tools can damage your hair.
- Don’t overuse the extension clips. Use just enough pins to hold your hair in place. Overuse can cause breakage and damage to your hair.
- Always rinse your hair extension after each use. This will remove any excess product or sweat from your hair and prevent build-up.
- Don’t leave clips attached to wet hair for too long. This will cause the fasteners to rust and damage your hair.
- Let your clip-in hair extensions air dry after washing them. This will help prevent build-up and ensure that the extensions stay healthy.
Everyone wants their hair to look its best, and extensions are a great way to achieve that. However, like any other temporary or permanent hair accessory, there are certain things you need to do to ensure that your extensions stay in place and look their best. If you want your extensions to last longer and look better than ever, keep the above tips in mind!