Last Updated on October 20, 2022 by hassan abbas
If you are suffering from low mobility then you need to use some personal protective equipment. A walking stick is the best option for that. The phrase ‘walking stick’ has come from ‘walking cane’ that was in use in the sixteenth century. But people now call it a walking stick. A walking stick is a device that aids traveling and provides stability and support.
There can be many reasons you need a walking stick. They are-
- You need a walking stick for maintaining your balance. Older people can suffer from different health issues, and they cannot maintain their body balance due to low mobility and joint pain.
- Patients suffering from stroke, heart diseases, breathing problems, and vertigo can face some difficulty in walking. There are some common diseases such as Osteoporosis, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, or hemiplegia where patients cannot even move freely. In these cases, people need to use a walking stick.
- People sometimes use a walking stick for safety purposes or defence reasons.
- Walking sticks are more often used by physically challenged people who suffer most in walking.
You can search for walking sticks online and choose the best one based on your requirement.
How would you choose walking sticks online?
You can search for such walking sticks online and you will find such sticks in different shapes and sizes, and you can choose the best one according to your need. Here, you can find a guide to choosing the best walking sticks online:
- Walking sticks are available in different materials such as wood, aluminium, and metal sticks. You can find some varieties in wood, and they can be made from oak or chestnut. They can also be made from hazel and ash wood, and they are available in different colors. Wooden sticks are durable and long-lasting. But, make sure, you must customize your walking stick according to your height.
- Aluminium sticks are also strong and lightweight, and you can find such walking sticks in different patterns. For example, you can choose a telescopic stick designed with an E clip and ball button, and you can adjust the height of such sticks according to your needs.
- If you do not want to use such walking sticks throughout the day then you can choose a folding walking stick. People mostly use such folding sticks while they walk outside of their homes, and you can choose a folding aluminium stick designed with different sections. You can simply pull the folded sections of your stick when you want to use it and you can fold it and store it in a corner of your room when it is not in use.
- You can choose a walking stick designed with a swan neck and you can move the position of the handle of such sticks by using the stick’s shaft. You can also choose a tripod walking stick if you feel unstable. These sticks are designed with three legs and they are completely slip-resistant. Apart from that, these sticks have a wide base where you can find attached wheels. So, patients having mobility issues and cannot move from one place to another can use such sticks to get complete support.
- Buying a walking stick designed with the right handle is very important. Walking sticks are available with different types of handles, such as derby handles, crook handles, ergonomic handles, petite handles, and fisher handles. If you have obesity then you can choose a walking stick designed with a Fischer handle because it can distribute your body weight evenly and provide complete support. On the other part, ergonomic sticks are suitable for orthopaedic patients, and derby handles are used for occasional uses.
So, if you are searching for walking sticks online, you have another facility to buy walking stick accessories and parts online, and you can use such accessories to get the utmost comfort. For example, you can use wrist straps to hold the stick and you can also add metal tips to your stick to ma
ke it rust-resistant.