When a user tries to download updates for QuickBooks Desktop or payroll service, QuickBooks error 15103 may appear. The update software has been harmed, according to this update error message code. You might not be able to use the upgraded capabilities of the QuickBooks payroll service when the error happens. The secret to a smooth QuickBooks payroll update may be to keep note of potential mistake sources. There are a number of causes for this QuickBooks payroll update error. You can resolve errors by using the troubleshooting techniques described in this document.
What Is Error 15103 In QuickBooks?
The procedure of updating the payroll is related to QuickBooks Error 15103. You are unable to download the payroll update due to the error, which also displays QuickBooks error message 15103 on your computer’s display and informs you that “The update software damaged or the update application cannot be accessed.” The program contains the primary causes and solutions for this 15XXX series code.
What Are The Most Common Root Causes Of QuickBooks Payroll Error 15103?
The following list includes the primary factors that can produce error code 15103:
- Whether Spy Sweeper is a component of the webroot antivirus program
- If the user lacks the necessary administrator access to install the most recent QuickBooks updates
- Error 15103: Due to the faulty downloaded files, your QuickBooks cannot be updated.
Want to fix all such payroll issues, get our QuickBooks Data Services
How Can QuickBooks Update Error 15103 Be Fixed?
You can get past the technical annoyance by addressing the potential reasons of error number 15103. The solutions listed below should be followed:
Solution 1: Access QuickBooks as the Administrator
You must connect into QuickBooks with administrative login credentials in order to make important changes, such as installing the most recent updates. If the issue still exists, try the next repair for QB payroll update error 15103.
Check Your Internet Connectivity Issues as a Second Option
Another possible cause of QuickBooks error 15103 is a few typical problems with Internet connectivity. Check the issues on the list provided below to prevent QuickBooks updates from failing:
- Make sure Internet Explorer is set as the default browser.
- Verify that the workstation’s date and time settings are accurate.
- Do a cypher strength check.
- Update the settings in the Internet Options section of Tools.
Try the following solution if the error persists.
Solution 3: Verify if Skysweeper.exe is present on the current system
The steps listed below can be used to determine whether Skysweeper.exe is present on the system:
- To launch the Task Manager, press CTRL+Shift+Esc simultaneously.
- Look for SkySweeper.exe under the Processes tab.
- Open Add/Remove Programs in the window after locating it to remove it.
- Navigate to C: Program Files Common Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooksxx Components if you are unable to locate the Sky sweeper on the computer system.
- Now that Sky Sweeper has been removed, QuickBooks error 15103 can be fixed.
Solution 4: Temporarily disable User Account Control
The problem can be fixed more quickly if the UAC is momentarily disabled. As soon as the problem has been resolved, you must restore the security settings.
- Press the Start button. Please enter UAC in the search box.
- To change User Account Control settings, click now.
- Slide the “Never Notify” option to the bottom of the window that opens.
- After clicking OK, restart the computer.
Continue to the next troubleshooting step if none of the aforementioned fixes for QuickBooks payroll update issue 15103 work.
Solution 5: Run a clean install of QuickBooks
You can fix the Intuit code 15103 by using the clean install feature of QuickBooks. Make sure it is appropriate for you before moving forward, though, as you might not be able to alter the effects once they have been made.
- Make a copy of the corporate file as a backup
- QuickBooks Desktop should be removed.
- Install QuickBooks Tool Hub after downloading it.
- Select Installation Issues from the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Select Clean Install Tool now, then click OK.
You can now reinstall QuickBooks after the Clean Install Tool has finished.
You may get QuickBooks Data migration services if you would like to smoothly migrate your data from desktop to QB online.